What should you take when you visit?
Here is the list that you should consider on
- Plenty of water, half a gallon in winter and a gallon
in summer is recommendable. If you run out of water you can drink the water
that comes out of the copper pipe that comes out of the rock above the crab
- Food snacks such as fruit, nuts, trail mix, dried
fruit, snack bars, chocolate, etc. Some people heat cans of chili beans or
soup in the crab cooker.
- Sunscreen lotion, very important during spring and
- Cap or hat for sun protection especially in summer
- Warm clothes. Dress in layers as it will get fresh in
the evenings during spring and autumn, and can be very cold in winter.
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes
- $5.00 per person ($10.00 overnight) if you plan on
parking at the Bowen Ranch. Try and have the exact change as you may need to
use the envelope and slot provided if there is no one at the door.
- Water Shoes to protect your feet from the hot rocks or
- Toilet paper
- Small shovel to use when you go behind a bush
- Trash bags to carry out your own trash, including used
- Flashlight with new or spare batteries, in case you
are caught by dark
- Emergency blanket to sit on or for warmth in winter
- Walking stick for hiking if you like
- A whistle in case you get lost
- A first aid kit or simple items like Band-Aids,
- A change of clothes to leave in your vehicle, so that
you have something to change into if you want at the end of your hike